Friday, 10 July 2009

Where does the time go?

What with galaxy centralization and travel limitations due to carbon emissions, my interstellar trips (Alien abduction) are taking ever longer. My blue friends often turn red with rage.

Meanwhile, back on ‘the good Earth’, as Commander Frank Borman of Apollo 8* remarked in December 1968 – nothing much as happened. This is due in some small part to me not being well for a while. As a result, walking has been almost non-existent and following on from that, my camera hasn’t had much use lately. I realise it’s not good enough and throw myself prostrate on the ground in abject apology.

It’s not all doom and gloom though because I have managed a bit of cycling. When you’re not feeling 100%, it’s a much gentler exercise on the body. What’s not to like about free-wheeling down a hill at 35mph (56kph)? With a decent bike that is well maintained, and a good body aero position, you’d be surprised how far you can travel without pedalling. I’ve become expert at it!

I’ll post just a few back dated entries to bring things up-to-date. And I leave you with one of the best environmental lines ever spoken:


'We came all this way to explore the moon, and the most important thing is that we discovered the Earth.'
— William Anders, Apollo 8 Astronaut


*(December 1968 - this crew was responsible for one of the most reproduced images of the Apollo missions: "Earthrise” the image showing Earth as it appears from deep space, rising over the lunar horizon)

2 comments:

junetta said...

Nice to have you back xx

John Clarke said...

Hi

Nice to be back.

John
x