Tuesday, 14 July 2009

That falling feeling

Not a nightmare but the real thing. I’ve discovered that old wooden step ladders should be used with caution. I realise now that I did get the smallest of warnings but I just thought that the ladder was sinking into the grass a bit.

Wooden step ladder with one step hanging down and one completely removed

Adventures with a step ladder - the photo was an afterthought

I was sawing through a branch at the time and was perhaps fortunate that the saw stayed with the branch and didn’t follow me down. Whether consciously or not, I fell one way and the ladder the other. The result was a few aches and bruises.

Whilst I’d given the hedge a short back and sides, a few weeks on and the top is still in need of a trim! Any offers?

Take care out there



Coming Next: A short walk along a new section of the Shropshire Way footpath.

No comments: