This was going to be a family history entry but it’s been postponed – expect one this time next week.
Instead, I’ll quickly give you a tip concerning the internet and in particular search engines. I guess the majority of people use Google. Do remember that there are several different search engines available and they all don’t produce the same results. Try the likes of; Yahoo, Ask or MSN (just some of the more well known alternatives).
I recently saved myself some money and found new information, when looking for history books relating to a village in Leicestershire. Using a different search engine provided a site that instead of charging £3.35 for posting a book costing £3.50; actually sent items post free in the UK. As it turned out, they also had a number of other books/pamphlets of interest and subsequently they will be getting my order in the next few days – thanks to Yahoo in this particular example.
(With apologies to my excellent local bookshops but I think it would be more trouble than it's worth in this instance.)
No comments:
Post a Comment