Saturday, 6 June 2015

Backpacking will return–promise

Ok, so, what happened to the month of May? You close your eyes for a second and you lose a month. Oh well,onward and upward.

For a blog called, ‘Backpacker John’, I’m aware that backpacking hasn’t featured much in recent years. Indeed, even walking posts have been rare of late.

This blog celebrates its 10th birthday at the end of July, a much needed stimulus to redress the balance in favour of backpacking. Other posts will have revealed that I’m still getting out and about but a backpacking trip (Tent, sleeping bag etc.) is only a dim memory.

Yes, I’ve used the tent locally for a night or two but that doesn’t count. I’m determined to provide my gear with a decent trip out -  I’ll tag along just to record the event. The Welsh countryside awaits. Why go further afield when such great countryside exists just next door!

I’ve taken this lull between trips as an opportunity to re-equip. Shiny new gear – what’s not to like? More on this topic in a upcoming post.

In the meantime, here’s a few spring photographs taken whilst on local walks.

Sun highlights native bluebells in woodland
Bluebells (Hyacinthoides non-scripta) in Rectory Wood, Church Stretton

Song thrush on tree branch against a blue sky
The local Song Thrush (Turdus philomelos) on his singing perch

Morning dew on field and footpath stile
Morning dew after a chilly night

No comments: