Tuesday, 26 June 2012

Highland Challenge Update

Well, it turns out I’ve got some sense after all – consequently, my Certificate of Common Sense has been restored, although no bets are being taken on how long it lasts?

When you bear in mind that I’ve not ridden that sort of distance (65 miles) since at least 2008, and then combine it with a host of other factors, I think my decision to be a non-starter was fairly obvious; even to me.

I did visit the Challenge HQ, met up with some friends, and of course my cycling brother – congratulations to them all for finishing. It’s such a delight to see so many cyclists in one place, it does raise the spirits, something sorely needed after recent events.

Assuming I’ve got a Certificate this time next year, perhaps I’ll tear it up and join in with the multitude on the 22nd Shropshire Highland Challenge?

Aug 2011 - At 1hr 1min 39secs, a short cool down (A ride to Tugford and back)

Happy pedalling all.


Coming next: ‘Animals do exist’ [At least that’s the plan.]

No comments: