Adding the header image to this blog served to remind me just how little backpacking I’ve done in recent years and consequently the lack of posts. Indeed, my walk of Offa’s Dyke (177miles/285km), was the last major spell of backpacking. Since then it’s been a few odd days only.
I do miss the backpacking routine. Whether it be three days, five days or more, it’s nice when after the first day or two you’ve settled into the backpacking pace of life. The world of nature is a marvellous and precious thing. What better way to experience it than on foot and 24 hours a day? Personal experience tells me that the hours of daylight don’t have a monopoly on nature’s splendour.
Beauty can be found in many places, sometimes the most unexpected places. It can take many different forms but one thing is certain, you have to be out there in the first place.
Expect a return to this subject and maybe even some recent backpacking reports? Oh look, there’s a flying pig! I must try harder to get out with the tent, I really must. In the meantime, with none of my backpacking photographs being digital, it looks like I’ll have to search through the plastic bags (archives) to find some to bore you with! Coming soon to a blog near you…
Bits and bobs:
Offa's Dyke Association - independent voluntary organisation supporting the Offa's Dyke and the associated Path
National Trail website - official site for all National Trails. Link takes you directly to the Offa's Dyke section
No comments:
Post a Comment