At the end of my last walk report (9 Dec) I mentioned that, ‘I felt a proper walk coming on’. Well it did but the Christmas season means that the words and pictures have been delayed. Expect their arrival sometime this week.
Christmas Eve was the traditional night out and was accompanied by the now seemingly traditional seasonal weather – rain. In fact, it poured down.
My usual walk on Christmas Day was slightly shorter than normal, amounting to just over eight miles (about 13km) and not the sort of route I normally take. This was influenced by the amount of rain that fell the previous day. I’d have needed waders for my normal area of operations. A few photographs were taken along the way and here’s a small selection.
Christmas Eve was the traditional night out and was accompanied by the now seemingly traditional seasonal weather – rain. In fact, it poured down.
My usual walk on Christmas Day was slightly shorter than normal, amounting to just over eight miles (about 13km) and not the sort of route I normally take. This was influenced by the amount of rain that fell the previous day. I’d have needed waders for my normal area of operations. A few photographs were taken along the way and here’s a small selection.
Sunlit leaves of Oak on the Mortimer Trail
The sky was split in two
In the darkness there is often light - you may have to search for it
Sunlight picks out the western side of Ludlow
Wishing everyone a healthy and happy 2008.
(Coming soon: Family history update and walk report)
No comments:
Post a Comment